The Dad: There is a fly-in this weekend and depending on the cost of the flights, I would like the boy to go for a ride in one of the small airplanes with me.
The Mom: That is fine. I don't want to be there though, I will be too nervous.
The Dad: I will be sure to take pictures.
The conversation via cell phone right after the flight.
The Dad: I got some good pictures and we had lots of fun.
The Boy: Mom, I flew the airplane! It was awesome. Want to go flying with us sometime.
The Mom: That's great. I can't wait to see the pictures. (thinking how nice it was that the pilot let him be the "pilot")
The conversation while looking at the pictures.
The Mom: I see the boy sat up front. How nice that the pilot let him hold onto the controls.
The Dad: He was really great and the boy did such a good job.
The Mom: Wow babe. You must have had to really reach around the pilot in order to get that one picture of the boy. (see below)
The Dad: Oh, the didn't take that picture. The pilot did.
The Mom: Then who was in charge of flying the plane.
The Dad: The boy.
The Mom: SERIOUSLY!
The Dad: The boy took the controls for a little while and did a great job.
The Mom: Don't tell me that. He can't even see out the front of the plane.
The Dad: Not a big deal. He could see out his side window.
The Mom: Now that sounds really safe.
The boys had a blast and I am still replaying that last conversation in my head! I know with certainty it was best that I stayed home. I am glad they had a good time though.
The questioned picture
No comments:
Post a Comment